I wanted to do this last weekend, but ended up doing everything but this But here they finally are: our third edition of the Manip Challenges! I hope there will be as much participation as last time (though I have to admit, reaching over 30 entries in the middle of the vacation period might be a bit optimistic - I suppose you've been spoiling me so far ) In any case, it's about having a challenge and not about breaking any participation records, so let's just get it on I can't wait to see all your gorgeous entries!
- You are given 8 stock images (see below) of which you have to use at least TWO in a way that we don't have to go hunting for them with a looking glass.
- You can use additional stock, but I ask you not to use premades - this is a challenge for your skills, not for someone else's.
- Your entry has to be a photomanipulation or a digital mixed media piece with a good deal of photomanipulation in it.
- Please specify in your artist's comment that this is an antry for #Photomanipulated's Manip Challenges #003!
- Your entry has to be uploaded to dA and submitted to #Photomanipulated's Manip Challenges folder (you need to be a member for that - everyone is welcome to join, just click the "join" button on the left side of the group's front page!) before the deadline specified below.
- All stock used has to be credited properly and it has to be legitimate stock to begin with.
No celebrity pictures, no stuff "found on google" - you can't use anything you don't have permission to use. Plus you should be aware that not everyone offering free stock has the right to offer the images in the first place (so called "renders" are a no-go, as are premades using stock from sxc.hu or other stock sites!). Please read this article for more information on copyright.
- If you are using your own photos I ask that you say so in the artist's comment to avoid any misunderstandings
- You can enter as often as you like, but keep it reasonable. Personal tip: choose one entry (your best) to officially enter, so you don't have yourself as competition.
Saturday, July 28rd, 11:59 pm CET (German time zone)
Countdown (so you don't have to wrap your head around the whole time zone thing)
Remember: you need to use at least TWO (can use more) of the stocks below.
This is not a contest as such, so the prizes will be small. I hope you'll find inspiration in these, not riches. However, a little incentive doesn't hurt, so I'm offering exclusive stock from my stock account =kuschelirmel-stock for the winner (maybe for the top three, but that depends on the turnout). And of course there will be a journal featuring all participants and the winner especially.
Exclusive stock graciously donated by =kuschelirmel-stock
Journal features graciously donated by: *kingabrit, =LuzTapia & `kuschelirmel
Donations are welcome, but keeping with the challenge idea, I don't want to offer points! If you want to donate, please donate exclusive stock or journal features! No llamas either please.
I (`kuschelirmel) will narrow the entries down to 10 (should there be more than ten entries to begin with) and then we will have a public vote at #Photomanipulated -- there will be no asking others to vote for you! If I find out you're cheating, you'll be disqualified.
All entries can be found in this folder (where they should be submitted to by you to officially enter).